Going Global Music Summit 2012 - Info for Musicians
If you’re an artist or band, label, promoter or collective who would like to be part of the LIVE MUSIC COMPONENT of Going Global Music Summit, please read all the information below and when you're ready click the link and complete the form. Applications close August 3rd, 2012.
Musician Application Form - Going Global Music Summit 2012
ABOUT THIS APPLICATION:
The Music Summit directors are now calling for proposals for the 2012 schedule. If your practice relates to exciting and emerging music in any way then we want to hear from you.
TIPS ON FILLING OUT THIS APPLICATION:
Here's a checklist for strengthening your application:
- Be as clear as possible when describing your music (genre, style, music community).
- Please provide links to music and live clips where applicable.
- Make sure that you provide full details of any additional backline requirements and/or any additional details relating to venue size requirements.
- Performance fees: Going Global Music Summit 2012 believes in paying artists for their work & performance, on a pro-rata basis (calculated at NZ$300+GST, or NZ$300 less WHT@ 20%) with all other artists/bands appearing at the showcase event(s). If you require additional budgetary considerations, please outline these in the section supplied.
- When completing the budgetary considerations section please be aware that Going Global Music Summit is restricted in what it can provide and expects artists to be as self-sufficient as possible. This includes providing your own transport to/away from the showcase events.
- Evening showcase performance sets will be required to run for 30mins per artist. Please be aware of this when you are applying, and then again when setting up, performing and getting off the stage. There will be stage managers on hand to assist you with finishing your set on time.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE FRIDAY 3rd AUGUST 2012.
ABOUT GOING GLOBAL MUSIC SUMMIT:
Going Global Music Summit is a 3-day showcase of new music featuring national artists, occurring in September alongside the Going Global Music Summit industry seminars. The Summit takes place in Wellington on Sept 6th and Auckland on Sept 7th – 8th 2012.
Going Global Music Summit provides musicians, producers, composers, labels, promoters, industry professionals and fans a chance to perform, discuss, learn, teach, interact and argue in front of an audience of like minded peers in an environment that encourages the global exchange of ideas, techniques and trends.
In 2012 Going Global Music Summit will present an exciting schedule of live music events alongside a day program of panels, presentations, workshops and discussions. The focus is on new music and as such the live music showcases aim to reflect originality in contemporary live music practice.