Invitation for musicians to perform at 2013 Festival of Flowers
Invitation for musicians to perform in the ‘The Garden City Gorgeous’ 2013 Festival Of Flowers 16 February – 3 March in the Christchurch Botanic Gardens
The Festival of Flowers has become a platform for young (or not so young!), up and coming performers to present their craft in a public arena, and to an audience who appreciates local talent. The Festival was, for 22 years, held within the Cathedral, showcasing a 23m long Floral Carpet. Live music was included in the Cathedral, and it greatly enhanced the visitor’s experience of the floral art and beauty. Now, the Festival is held within the stunning setting of the Botanic Gardens, and once again musicians will be integral within the Festival season.
The Festival of Flowers showcases floral art, installations, educational workshops and events over a 2 week period. All events and installations are free of charge.
Would you like to perform acoustically, within a natural setting, anytime between Saturday 16th Feb to Sunday 3rd March, 2013?
- Music appropriate for the Festival of Flowers; folk, classical, soul, country, lyrical, playful… The audience tends to be an older age bracket, however there is a large cross-section of visitors
- No power will be provided. Unless you have your own amp which is of reasonable quality
- The Festival site spans the length of the Archery Lawn, with installations on the perimeters and one major installation in front of the museum. You will have the freedom to perform anywhere within this site
- Performance time, between 1-2 hours/set. Times are negotiable depending on your repertoire. Your song list could be repeated, as the audience will (generally) be passing by
- PLEASE NOTIFY LISA MILLS WITH YOUR: NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER, AGE, GENRE OF MUSIC, INSTRUMENTS, # OF ARTISTS, DATE AND TIME/S YOU ARE WILLING TO PERFORM
- In return you will receive an opportunity to be a part of a world class event, which attracts local, national and international visitors. If you have CD’s, they can be available to sell. You will also be invited to attend a grand ‘Thank You Tea-party’, for all volunteers who contribute to the Festival!
Please contact Lisa Mills, festival coordinator, by Nov 16th 2012
Phone: 974 3204 or 027 814 0785
You may be asked to provide a CD or audition over the phone!